Free Independent Facilitator Trainings
Are you interested in becoming an Independent Facilitator for the Self-Determination Program? Do you speak a language other than English? If yes, you may be able to attend a free intensive training for Independent Facilitators, sponsored by Disability Voices United and the Autism Society of Los Angeles.
October 4 – Santa Fe Springs, for speakers of languages besides Spanish. Korean translation will be provided.
October 6 – Los Angeles/Hawthorne area, for Spanish speakers. Spanish translation will be provided.
Statewide Conference on Self-Determination
The Self-Determination Program has finally begun! Join us for an incredible two-day learning and sharing experience.
Highlights will include:
- Presentations by state and national experts
- Reception & musical performance on Friday night
- An opportunity to witness a live person-centered plan
- Hearing success stories from self-determination participants in California and other states
- Opportunities to get to know other participants & family members
- Meet independent facilitators and financial management services (FMSs)
Sessions will help you:
- create circles of support
- find, hire, and retain great staff through the SDP
- make the program work for non- or minimally-speaking people
- ensure the participant is safe
- develop and keep to a spending plan
- respect the participant’s culture and preferences
Who should attend?
- Participants selected for the phase-in
- All those interested in entering in the future
- Independent Facilitators
- Financial Management Services
- Regional center staff
- Service providers
Time & Location:
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles – Westside
6161 West Centinela Ave
Culver City, CA 90230
Funding, Vendor Number, & Contact Information
This conference is vendored with regional centers through the traditional system: Vendor #PH0898. For those who have already begun the Self-Determination Program, you can purchase your registration through your spending plan.
Limited scholarships are available for self-advocates and family members.
Continental breakfasts and lunches each day and Friday reception will be provided to registered attendees at no additional cost.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about funding or other issues.