Additional Phase-In Lotteries
Confirm you are on the list for self-determination by visiting DDS’s website below.
On November 22, 2019, the Department of Developmental Services selected additional individuals to participate in the Self-Determination Program. They were notified by mail but a participant can also put their Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number in the link below to confirm. DDS sent out the following information about how they conducted their selection:
On October 1, 2018, the Department selected 2,500 individuals to participate in the Self-Determination Program (SDP). Since then, of the 2,500 individuals initially selected, more than 450 have informed their regional center that at this time, they do not wish to participate in SDP. Therefore, on November 22, 2019, the Department will select additional individuals for the SDP. To be considered for selection, the names of individuals who have attended an SDP informational meeting must be submitted to the Department by November 15, 2019.
The November 22, 2019 selection will be prioritized on the following:
- The total number of participants at each regional center is consistent with the relative percentage of total consumers served by all regional centers;
- Individuals who are age 42 years and older;
- Siblings of individuals who were previously selected for SDP;
- Members of SDP local volunteer advisory committees (as of October 8, 2019) or their family members;
- Maintain as close as possible the relative ethnic diversity within each regional center catchment area.
The number of current openings at each regional center can be found here. The updated number of openings at each regional center will be posted to the Department’s website prior to the November 22, 2019 selection. Since it is anticipated that over time more openings will occur, the Department intends to select a number of individuals over the 2,500 slots. This over selection will allow for an expedited process to fill future openings.